Alkek Scholarship for Incoming 9th Grade Students
The Margaret M. and Albert B. Alkek Scholarship
Two full-tuition, four-year awards. Awarded to two rising 9th-grade students with excellent academic records and one or more outstanding extracurricular achievements. This full, four-year scholarship is designed to attract some of the most promising scholars and leaders to the TMI community.
Alkek scholars are expected to embody the mission statement and core values of TMI by maintaining a high academic average; being actively involved in the life of the school through participation in athletics and extracurricular activities; modeling the highest character and integrity and upholding the Honor Code; and exercising strong, positive leadership inside and outside the classroom.
The impact that these scholars have on the community is evident in their achievements at TMI and at the colleges they attend after graduation, including Yale, Brown, the U.S. Air Force Academy, the U.S. Naval Academy, Princeton University and the U.S. Military Academy.
Scholarship Application Requirements
New students interested in applying for the Alkek Scholarship must have a completed admission application as well as the Alkek Scholarship application on file in the Admission Office by January 11, 2013. This would include:
- A TMI Admission Application with the $75 application fee (Download the application packet and forms from the Admission Quick Links box on the left.)
- An official copy of the 7th grade transcript
- An official copy of the 8th grade transcript through Fall 2012
- English and Mathematics recommendation forms (Download the application packet and forms from the Admission Quick Links box on the left.)
- Independent School Entrance Exams (ISEE) results
- The Scholarship Questionnaire and Essay
- Alkek Applicants should begin work on their résumé during the summer of 2012.
Contact the Admission Office at (210) 698-7171 for more information about the Alkek Scholarship or to request a scholarship application.